8u by 14 Love (873 KB) Dialogue Racism Feb. 11-12 (799 KB) American Promise--Defend Our Democracy--Florida Tour (11 KB) Orlando--hotel options (10 KB) Parking near First Methodist Church, Orlando (574 KB) Orlando--hotel options--pdf (37 KB)
COMING REGIONAL EVENTS:
WAYS TO INVOLVE YOUR CONGREGATION AND THE PUBLIC
8u by 14 Love (873 KB)30 Days of Love at Clearwater UU
Dialogue Racism Feb. 11-12 (799 KB)
American Promise--Defend Our Democracy--Florida Tour (11 KB)
Orlando--hotel options (10 KB)
Parking near First Methodist Church, Orlando (574 KB)
Orlando--hotel options--pdf (37 KB)
- Host public forums on issues at your congregation.
- Hold movie nights and discussions. Publicize them well. Invite the public.
- Invite speakers to give presentations on issues at your congregation.
- Encourage members of your congregation to attend UU Cluster and UUA Regional meetings where issues are addressed
- Encourage members of your congregation to attend UUJF-sponsored conferences and our Annual UUJF Legislative Day in Tallahassee
- Use social media for social justice—spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more
- Use our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/uujfactionnetwork to rally statewide support on issues.
- Encourage your members to join our public Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704254003141776/
and post their comments, photos, and articles on issues of concern.
- Join or start a SMART Group (“Sensible Messaging Activity to Restore Truth”). These are local groups UUs are starting all over the state for sharing information and tips on writing letters to the editor, blogging, and other ways to reach out to the public on issues of the day. A bank of information and resources on different topics is being built. Contact Brad Hardin at email@example.com, (c) 941-223-6849 to find out more.
- Invite members of our board to attend your Social Justice meeting or speak to your congregation to update you on UUJF activities and opportunities for participation. We have regional assignments and are willing to travel.
- Contact any member of the board http://www.uujusticefl.org/about/board-of-directors
We're here to serve.