2019 FL-iCAN! Assembly
Concerned with Red Tide?
(and flooded streets, sea level rise, toxic algae, "fugitive dust" and more?
Share your stories with others around the state impacted by climate change, environmental inequities, and LACK OF RESPONSE from our legislators! We will meet with concerned people of other faiths and secular organizations. We will strategize how to engage elected officials and broaden public support. Call Kindra at 941-266-8278, or Sharon Joy Kleitsch at 727-550-9660 with questions.
Come to the 5th Annual Florida Interfaith Climate Actions Network (FL-iCAN!) Assembly Feb. 1-2 in Parramore, Florida.
- Register here:
- See the introductory video here: https://vimeo.com/306943728
- Download the final agenda here:
FL-iCAN! 2019 Final Agenda (16 KB)
- Note: Jacqui Patterson has confirmed and will be with us on Saturday.
- Kathy Castor will be with us on Saturday by teleconference.
- Download the final e-notice here:
FL-iCAN! Final E-notice 2019 (3195 KB)
- Carpooling available.
- Programming on Friday from 10AM-8PM includes lunch and dinner
- We stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Orlando Friday night, or Thursday and Friday as desired.
Discounted group rate $169.00 for King or two Doubles
Register for the hotel online here: (Be sure to put in the correct date!)
Our Group Code is FCC for Florida Council of Churches. (already on the online form.)
- Thanks to all who helped our crowdfunding effort over the top! We can now provide scholarships to community leaders who are struggling to get their neighbors organized to protect health and safety on the frontlines of climate change in Florida. See https://faithify.org/projects/climate-impact-environmental-inequity-toward-justice-for-all/
- Saturday programming from 10 AM-4 PM includes lunch.
- We’ll be home by 6:30 PM (in Venice) Saturday, Feb. 2-- Calculate the time from your location.
JOIN US. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!